Thursday, June 24, 2010

30 weeks

10 more weeks, 10 more weeks! Hooray!!! Ok, I say that now, but inside I'm kinda freaking out. I think it's mostly the though of labor. But we did sign us up for a prenatal class called Prepared Childbirth.  It's a 4 week course. It teaches you about breathing and relaxation, labor and delivery, medications during labor, the postpartum period, and newborn care. It also includes a tour of the hospital. I think that will help put my mind at ease. 
I'm feeling Oscar move more frequently now and his kicks are getting way stronger. He moves around a lot! It's funny because almost every time he kicks now my belly moves, it's kinda creepy looking but I love it!

Your Pregnancy: Week 30 

Your massive belly and nighttime heartburn might be making sleep difficult to come by. If you are able to drift off, you're probably having some strange and vivid dreams -- your subconscious is no less anxious than your waking mind.

Baby's now the size of a squash!

As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

And here I am with my "massive" belly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are still so little! Need I remind you I looked like a whale :). I am super excited to see you!!!!