Wednesday, October 8, 2008

QUITTER!

So I made it. 6 months. At the beginning of this journey of quiting smoking I never thought that I would get this far. I still have a hard time and still have cravings, they just aren't as bad as when I first quit. I have the hardest time when I get bored. I miss having something to do during those times. So to help me through the boring and tough times I painted my fingernails and toenails. I also got back into drawing and sketching. I think it helped to be doing something (anything) with my hands!



When me and Daniel started dating, we told each other "if you ever quit I will too". He quit chewing, so I quit smoking. He has been my crutch through this whole thing. When he could tell that I was having a hard time, he would start rubbing my shoulders or tickling my feet to help get me through the moment (or hour). So I owe a lot of my success to him! THANK YOU HONEY!

3 comments:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Sara I think you are incredible! I am so happy for you fo making it this far, there is no turning back now!!! You are amazing, this is only the beginning> One day you will wonder why you ever smoked in the first place. :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (and what a wonderful husband!)

Sherydon said...

Sara i just got caught up on a bunch of your posts. I love your honeymoon post and all the pics, the airport story sounds like the story of my life, always 5 minutes too late!! I had to laugh though!!

Monty is so dang adoreable, i just want to kiss him. You've got so fun pics of him.

Congrats on 6 months. Someone who has never smoked doesn't understand how hard it is to quit. I quit last year on Sept 19. I have been smoke free for a year, its amazing and i feel so much better. The cravings go away, occasionally you'll have one, but not strong enough that you go crazy trying to forget about it. The smell of someone who just got done smoking makes me sick. Stick with it!!

Stephanie said...

That is so awesome!!! Good for you and your health:)