Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2010 Spillman Reunion

Over the weekend we took the long drive out to Wendover for the yearly Spillman reunion. We had a lot of fun. When we got there on Friday, we didn't have much planned so we went to Grandma Rocket's house and visited with a some family then off to the hotel room. We ordered pizza that night and sat in the room and watched the Jazz game. Pretty low key for the night. Then Saturday rolled in and that is when the activities started! We had a lunch at the park with everyone then it was off to the Community Center where we had the rest of the days events. We started with bingo and had tons of prizes! Then it was onto the talent show...and boy is there talent in the Spillman Family!! Here is a pic of all of the sisters, dancing and singing away.

I didn't get a lot of pics, but I did get video of "Ethem and the Spillmans" which is epic! (that will come later in this post!)



After the festivities we went out to dinner, then it was off to The Fab Four concert.



This was an awesome concert! They sounded, acted and looked just like the Beatles, I was amazed! At first I wasn't going to go to the concert but decided I would probably miss out if I didn't so I changed my mind...boy am I glad!


After the concert is was off to the salt flats for the famous Spillman fireworks which were better than ever! (Thanks Richard and the "pyro boys") And that was it: bingo, raffle, trivia game, talent show, concert and fireworks all in one day. I was exhausted. Sunday morning we had to get up early so we could get home in time to go to church with Daniels family. His dad got a new calling...he was called to Bishop. It was a long, fun, exhausting weekend full of great family and friends!


As promised here is the videos of "Ethem and the Spillmans" playing Neil Diamond's Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show, Third Eye Blind's Semi Charmed Life and Metalica's Enter Sandman. ENJOY!!

No comments: