Thursday, May 13, 2010

24 Weeks

So the other day I was talking to Daniel and I said "holy crap...I'm 6 months pregnant" and his mouth just dropped.  Where did time go? This has gone by so quick for both of us! Only 3 more months and we will be parents...I can't wait, and neither can he!!!
Last Sunday was Mothers (to be) Day and I had an absolutely wonderful day thanks to the best husband ever! We went over to Daniel's parents house and had an early dinner and talk to Tom (who is currently on his mission in Canada) it was good to hear from him. He only has 9 more months and he gets to come home. Things will be slightly different when he gets home. In the time he has been gone, Micah and Cathy got married.  Sara and Kristi both had little boys and me and Cathy will have new babies. The family just keeps getting bigger and bigger! After that we headed home so Daniel could get ready for his soccer game. I went to watch him and soak up some sun. Then it was off to my mom's, spent some time with her then back home. Daniel put together the crib for me (which I have been wanting him to do for months now!) I told him that was all I wanted for Mothers Day and that's what I got! So now we have the crib up, the bedding washed and his bed made...we just about have the nursery ready to go!
According to the bump.com baby Oscar is still about the size of a papaya, and they didn't have an update for week 24. So here is an update from babycenter.com.
How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

My next doctors appt. is on May 17th. This is the fun one where I have to drink that orange sugar drink and they take my blood and test for gestational diabetes. Wish me luck! And in the tradition of my 2 weeks...here is a picture of me at 24 weeks...

2 comments:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Mine was red and fruit punch flavored and it was pretty tasty. But I don't enjoy being pressured! (You have like 2 minutes or something to drink it all).

Sheena said...

Luv it! You are super cute!