Monday, August 10, 2009

My Aug. so far

Well my August hasn't started out so great. On the 4th I had surgery done on my gums. On the front bottom of my mouth, I have (had) receding gums and was starting to have some bone loss on my two front bottom teeth so I figured it was time to fix that! WARNING: those with weak stomachs, do not view photos below!
This is right after the surgery

You can't see very well in this pic, but there on the top left (or my right side) of my mouth you can see a black spot...that is where they took the gums from to attach to bottom gums.

(another embarrassing pic!) this is me the day after surgery...not doing (or looking) so hot!

Looks like fun huh? Anyway, I'm doing way better now. After I realized that I had an infection which caused the left side of my face to completely swell and it hurt oh-so-bad. I think that the infection was also causing excruciating headaches. I ended up calling my doctor on his cell phone on a Saturday because I couldn't handle the pain any more. He called in a prescription for me and by the next day I was felling 95% better. It has been quite an ordeal. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband! He waited on me hand and foot for about 4 days straight. He is such a patient man and absolutely love his guts!
Thank you to everyone for the calls and well wishes! I think I'm finally starting to show improvement! HOORAY!!! (lets all hope that the rest of my Aug. won't be as traumatizing!)

No comments: