Friday, August 7, 2009

July round-up

July is over already? and we're almost into the 2nd week of August? Aaaah. Well let me catch you up on some of our (or rather my) recent adventures. I went hiking up to the waterfall up High Creek (can't remember when...just that it was sometime in July) Here are some pics of that hike.
The hike was beautiful and so was the waterfall. The most amazing part was when we hiked up to the top of the fall we saw that all that water was coming straight from the mountain...breath taking!
On the 24th of July, we went up crimson again because I heard that there were a ton of Sego Lillies out and I have never seen them. So of course I had to go get some pics of the state flower! (and naturally I got pics of others!)
After the hike we went over to my mom's for a bbq. We had tons of food and fun. After we all ate (btw Daniel makes a mean hamburger!!!) we all took our chairs out the the street and watched the fireworks. We had a ton of fun. Daniel got drunk enough to say to me and my mom that he was "blowing bubbles with my talk!" Oh I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard!
Well, somewhere in between we took a ride to right hand fork and went up to the hobbit caves. I wanted to try using my camera in manual mode and take some photos of the river. I really need to invest in a tripod. But for my first time taking these types if pics, I don't think they turned out that bad. I guess practice makes perfect.

2 comments:

Griffiths said...

Sarah you are really talented with pictures. They are great. Stephanie sent me the link to your blog. Looks like life is treating you well, I hope so and am happy for you.

Stephanie said...

I love your pictures, very beautiful!