Thursday, August 5, 2010

36 weeks

So here we are, another 2 weeks have passed. Time seems to be holding still now, I'm starting to get anxious to meet Oscar! We've been attending our Preparing for Childbirth classes (only one more to go) which have been ok. The instructor gets on our nerves...she's very opinionated about natural childbirth and nursing and I think in a class like that she should keep it to herself because there are people in there who have already made up their minds about how they want to raise their children. Anyway, we did get a tour of the labor and delivery in the hospital the other day.  I think that's going to be very helpful just knowing where I'm going when the big day finally arrives!
We should be finding out on Aug. 11 the date of when I will be induced! That's less than 1 week away!! Here's what mom and baby are up to this week.
Your Pregnancy: Week 36

Baby should soon descend into your pelvis, which will give your lungs a little room to breathe (literally). The bad news: This puts the brunt of baby's weight on your hips and pelvis, and will make them pretty sore. Add in your ever-loosening ligaments, and you may soon be taking on that oh-so-adorable pregnancy waddle.
  Baby's still the size of a honeydew!
Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

I can't believe I'm still posting these pictures of me as I get bigger and BIGGER! But here I am.

And this is just for fun...

When I saw these 2 pictures side by side, I couldn't believe how much of a difference 2 weeks made...and I still have 4 more to go.........AAAHHH!!

1 comment:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

I hope for your sake that baby drops soon, or your back might break! You look completely adorable and I am so excited for you to meet your new little man and embrace motherhood. Best day of your life!!! :)