Saturday, May 23, 2009

Playing catch up.

There has been a lot going on that I haven't gotten around to blogging about. Some not so exciting news and others, well for lack of a better word, HUGE news! I'm going to start with the RSL game from 04/25/09. Me, Daniel, Micah, Joel, my father-in-law, his brother Bob, and his son Ty all went. In my opinion, it was the best game EVER! They played New England and kick butt! RSL shut them out 6 to (a big fat) 0!!!I loved it! I don't think I have ever screamed so much in my life. My throat was sore for 2 days after the game and I nearly lost my voice. (Which kinda sucked, cause the following Monday was when all the media coverage about the "swine flu" started. So me sounding all horse, everyone kept asking if I had swine flu...got old, real fast!)

Now onto more exciting news...My friends Brandy and Cam welcomed their first child into the world on April 30, 2009. He is a healthy, beautiful baby boy named Anders.

Both mom and dad are so proud of this little boy...as they should be, he is amazing. I love watching Brandy be a mom, I can only hope that when it's my turn I will be as natural at it as she is!

I LOVE SPRING!!! The colors, everything coming back to life, planting flowers, the yard work, and yes even the spring cleaning! We got our very first lawn mower. Nothing special, we decided that since we didn't have a very big yard all we needed was a push one with blades. (Monty kinda makes everything a little harder to do, he thought the mower was a new toy. If we're not careful he may loose an ear...)

We decided that the back yard was in need of some TLC. So we spent an entire day cleaning, mowing, planting and putting stuff together...but the outcome was SO worth the effort!

I can't wait to host tons of BBQ's! Next on the list (keeping my fingers crossed!) patio furniture!

Mothers day. We had a beautiful day. We first went over to my mom's house and had breakfast with her. Spent most of the morning and first half of the afternoon over there. Then we went over to Daniel's parents and the boys cooked dinner for her and everyone else. We didn't have a lot of money to spend on their gifts this year. So I ordered personalized notepads for each of them, got them each a framed (wedding) picture of us and I made carnation flowers out of tissue paper...but I used one on a pen (as the stem) to go with the notepads.


Recently I have taken up a new hobby. Running. Yes, me running! I know it's crazy. But ever since I got married last Aug. I have put on about 15lbs. and I am not happy about it. So in Jan. I decided to go to the gym. I was going 4 days a week, every week. I lost 5 lbs. and plateaued. So I thought I would add in more cardio and started running. I ran my first my mile (since high school, which was almost 10 years ago) in 10 minutes (and I didn't walk at all...so proud of myself). My second go at it, I made it in 9 minutes. I'm thinking of setting a goal for myself of running in a 5k, but I'm not so sure yet! Well I'm off to go hiking now, we're going up Crimson! Hooray!!!

1 comment:

Reeders said...

Wow! Your yard looks awesome! I'm jealous! That picture that you took of Anders is beautiful, you'll have to send me some! And P.S. I know that you'll be an awesome mom and I can't wait until it's your turn! So it looks like your camera was well worth the money! The pictures on this post are amazing!